Sunday, February 6, 2011

There's a Battle Cat in My Bed

    For Christmas in 2010 our family received a most excellent present. We were all together. We don't have that chance too often these days, so we made the most of it. Alexandria, my oldest and most opinionated niece stayed here at Grammy's house and took turns sleeping in which ever bed she liked. Two days after they had all gone home to the sub Arctic tundra known as "Iowa" I kicked something hard at the bottom of my bed. After further investigation I discovered that it was a Battle Cat. That's right, He-man's loyal giant cat. Green with yellow stripes and a snazzy reddish brown saddle. Al had left the poor little guy behind and he has sought refuge under my covers. Now it's February, frosty cold, and no Al. No Scotty to snuggle, no Becky to eat chocolate with, no Danny to poke me during the prayer at dinner. Just me, the Battle Cat, and Norton (my constant companion and anthologies of various literature). So the other night, getting ready for bed, BC (Battle Cat) and I were chatting. I asked him if he knew of any plans He-man had made for Valentine's Day. Apparently it is an unknown holiday in Eternia, but BC promised me he could work something out. I'm hopeful. So, with the assurance that my Valentine's will be a happy one,(bordering on epic really). I now feel the extra obligation to wish ya'll one as well! Have a happy Valentine's Day! Remember the blessing it is to have someone you love near you when the winters of life get absurdly cold and the weather man's predictions let you down again. Love ya! Lizz

8 comments:

  1. So i wanted to let you know about my new character in D&D named Con-Ki-Ren. He is a psion and has a side kick who happens to be a Bard. The cool thing is we con people he plays his music in the city square and I brake into their homes and take valuable items. i think this is one of my favorite D&D groups in a long time. Just wanted to let you know that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're crazy dan. You should blog about your D&D games.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are soooo talented! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you and Battle Cat could accomplish anything together, and with the greatest of ease could pounce on any man's heart. My only concern is that you, She-Ra, are the sister of He-Man. Are things different in Eternia than I thought? Aren't there laws against that sort of thing?

    ReplyDelete
  5. She-ra? Not I!! Just Elizabeth, the best thing He-man never knew he was missing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure He-Man knows he's missing something. He just doesn't know it's you yet. He yearns. He and I have had many long, heart to heart discussions about the eternal yearning of the man heart in Eternia.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Go get 'em tiger! Raaaaaaaaaaaawr

    ReplyDelete
  8. So Dan, your Character reminds me a ton of the Native American legend about Cocopelle,I'm sure that's not how you spell it. He would play his flute to seduce the women of the camp, and well, you know. Very interestingggggg.

    ReplyDelete